How do I create a single domain from DDL?
Modified on: Sun, 8 Nov, 2020 at 9:10 AM
The Import from DDL option can be used to import your data model as a single data definition language (DDL) or multiple into a Project. A Single Table DDL can be used to create a single Domain by pasting a single table DDL.
Note: A DDL File can be read to create multiple Domains within a Project. To learn more about this method, please view this help article.
How to create a single Domain from a DDL
- In the Projects Dashboard, navigate to the Domains pane. You will only see the Domains window when you have a Project selected.
- Open the New Domain drop-down menu.
- Click on the Import from DDL option in the menu.
- Select the Import Single Domain from DDL option in the Create New domain from DDL dialog and click Next.
- In the New Domain from DDL dialog, you will need to enter all of the information about your DDL.
- (Optional) You can change the name of your Domain if you want it to be different from the DDL.
- Select the Vendor of your DDL and then paste your DDL.
- Click the Save button after this information has been added.
- Your new Domain will be created automatically and you will be redirected to the Domain Dashboard, as shown below:
The following video can be viewed to learn more about creating a Domain from a DDL as well:
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.