The my profile.grp file (i.e., GenRocket User Profile) is required to use the GenRocket Runtime on your local machine. This file must be downloaded to your local computer and placed into the .genrocket folder.
Note: This file will need to be downloaded and moved to the .genrocket folder any time changes are made to your resources.
In This Article
Step 1 - Download Your Profile
Log into the GenRocket web platform to view the Project Dashboard.
In the Resources pane, click the Download menu.
Next, click the Download My Profile option. The file will be downloaded to the user's Downloads folder.
Step 2 - Move Your Profile to the .genrocket Folder
Note: The images below show how to perform this step for Mac OSX.
- Open Finder and navigate to your Downloads folder.
- When you download your profile, it will have the following naming format: GR#######Profile.grp. The # values are digits.
- Right click on your profile file and click Copy "GR#######Profile.grp" to move the file to its new location.
- Navigate to and open the .genrocket folder in Finder (this is usually \Users\User Name). This can be easily found on a Mac with this key combination CMD+SHIFT+H.
- Open the .genrocket folder and then perform a right click.
- Click on Paste Item to paste this file into your .genrocket folder.
Note: This folder should not be named: genrocket-#.#.# folder (The # symbol represents the version number digits). If the folder appears this way, rename it to .genrocket (without version numbers).
- You can now run GenRocket Scenarios on your machine using GenRocket Runtime.