Domains, Attributes, Generators, and Receivers are the building blocks for a Scenario. Once these four components are in place, a GenRocket Scenario can be created.
In This Article
Where Can Scenarios Be Created?
Scenarios can be created in multiple locations within the GenRocket Dashboard:
Three Ways to Create Scenarios
- New Scenario - Create a new Scenario with or without a Primary Domain (shown below).
- Quick Scenario - Quick Scenario speeds up the process of creating basic Scenarios. Based on the relationships you have set for a Domain, the Quick Scenario button will ensure your Scenario will maintain referential integrity (shown below).
- Batch Scenario - Create a Quick Scenario for multiple Domains. A separate Scenario will be created for each selected Domain when using this option. In the Project Dashboard, select Batch New Scenario from the Batch Operations menu. Click here to see an article with step-by-step instructions.
Video Training (New Scenario)
The following video tutorial can be used to learn more about creating Scenarios in the GenRocket web platform:
How to Create a New Scenario
- Select New Scenario within the Project, Domain, or Scenario Dashboard.
- Enter a Name and click Next.
- Select an option:
- Create Without Primary Domain - The Scenario will be created without a Primary Domain. No other steps are required.
- Create with Primary Domain - The Scenario will be created for the selected Domain. This means it will contain the instructions for generating data for that Domain. When selected, continue to the next step.
- Select the Primary Domain and click Next to continue.
- You will be redirected to the Scenario Dashboard, as shown below:
How to Create a Quick Scenario
- In the Project Dashboard, click on the Domain Name in the Domains Pane.
- Click the Quick Scenario button on the Domain Dashboard.
- A Name will automatically be entered and match the Domain Name.
- Enter an optional Description and click Save.