When you create a new Attribute, GenRocket will try to automatically assign a Generator to it. When no Default Generators match the Attribute, the SimplePatternGen Generator will be assigned by default.
How to Assign another Generator to an Attribute
To assign a different Generator, complete the steps below:
- Select the Attribute within the Domain Dashboard.
- For this example, the refNumber Attribute has been selected.
- Click Yes in the pop-up window to remove the current Generator.
- Next, click the Remove Generator button.
- In the Add A Generator dialog, select the Generator you would like to use for the Attribute.
- Use the input field to search for a specific Generator or click on a Category on the left side of the dialog.
- Click on the Plus + or the Generator window to add a Generator to the Attribute.
- You will be automatically returned to the Attribute configuration in the Domain Dashboard.
- In this example, the EmployerIDGen Generator has been assigned to the Attribute.
- Once the Generator has been assigned, you can modify the parameters within the Generator configuration.
- For the example above, only one parameter is available: campusCode.
- Below is an example of another Generator with more parameters, which can be modified after assigning the Generator:
Note: Remember to click the Save Generator button after making any changes to the Generator configuration.
The following video can be viewed to learn more about how to assign a Generator to an Attribute: