A Scenario needs to be run within a Command Window or Terminal Session on your local computer. You will need to download the Scenario before completing the steps outlined below.
The Scenario contains instructions for generating your test data including the type of RAW data to be generated, the number of records, and the type of generated output data (delimited file, fixed file, JSON, etc.).
In This Article
- How to Run a GenRocket Scenario
- GenRocket Engine Sequence Execution of a Scenario
- Data Loading Status Reports (Database Insertion)
How to Run a GenRocket Scenario
Open a Command Window or Terminal Session. Navigate to the directory location of the downloaded Scenario.
Enter the following command:
genrocket -r <ScenarioName>.grs
Note: Replace <ScenarioName> with the name of the Scenario you are running.
GenRocket Engine Sequence Execution of a Scenario
The diagram below shows the sequence and components the GenRocket engine uses to load and execute a Scenario to generate synthetic test data.
- GenRocket Engine - The engine loads and runs a Scenario
- GenRocket User Profile - Used by the engine to validate the user
- GenRocket Scenario - Contains instructions to generate synthetic data
- GenRocket Cloud License Server - Validates a user’s permission to run a Scenario