How do I use the ListGen Generator?
Modified on: Fri, 6 Mar, 2020 at 8:47 AM
The ListGen Generator generates items in a provided list in sequential or random order.
The following parameters may be configured for the ListGen Generator. Items with an asterisk* are required.
- waitAmount* - Defines the number of iterations the Generator should wait before moving to the next item in the list.
- random* - Randomizes the list when True. Defaults to False.
- seed - Defines an optional seed for randomization. Using the seed will ensure that the same random data is generated each time data is generated.
- setLoop* - setLoop give you the ability to OVERRIDE the loop count at the Scenario Level and ONLY produce the number of rows that are defined in this list.
- iterate - Based on the Boolean value, determines when to generate the next value. If the value is True, it generates the next value. If the value is False, it just waits.
- list - Allows you to enter items into the list that you want to be generated. Add one item on each line in the list.
The following video can be used to see a quick tutorial on how to use the ListGen Generator:
How to use the ListGen Generator
To use the ListGen Generator, you will need to complete these steps:
- Create an Attribute for a selected Domain
- Assign the ListGen Generator to the Attribute
- Add Values and/or References to the list Parameter
- Save the Generator Configuration
Step 1: Create an Attribute for a selected Domain in your Project
You will need to create an Attribute and assign the ListGen Generator to the Attribute. Alternatively, you can simply assign the Generator if the Attribute already exists.
- Click on the Add Attribute button in the left panel of the Domain Dashboard.
- Enter a Name for the Attribute and then click the Save button.
Step 2: Assign the ListGen Generator to the Attribute
You will be taken to the Attribute Dashboard after creating the new Attribute. If possible, a Generator will be automatically assigned to the new Attribute and will need to be removed to assign the ListGen Generator.
This information can be found at the bottom of the Attribute Dashboard. To reassign the appropriate Generator, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Remove Generator button.
- Click Yes in the confirmation message to remove the currently assigned Generator.
- Select the ListGen Generator in the Add a Generator dialog window by clicking on the Plus +.
- You will now be taken to the Attribute Dashboard and can configure the parameters.
- All required parameters will be assigned a default value, which may be changed if needed. Descriptions can be found at the top of this article.
Step 3: Add Values and/or References to the list Parameter
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.