A GenRocket Salesforce Profile must be created to:
- Connect to a Specific Salesforce Environment
- Import Salesforce Object Descriptions
- Export Data into Salesforce Objects
This article will show you how to create a Salesforce Profile and how to browse Salesforce Objects in the GenRocket web platform.
Creating a Salesforce Profile
- Log into the GenRocket web platform.
- In the top navigation bar, expand the Organization Menu (contains your Organization Name and First Name).
- Select My Account from the menu.
- Click the Manage Salesforce Profile button.
- Click the Create Salesforce Profile button.
- Enter a Name for your new profile.
- (Optional) Check the Sandbox option if you will be connecting to a sandbox environment.
- Click the Create button.
- GenRocket will automatically take you to the Salesforce platform where you can log in and give GenRocket permission to access your application.
Note: If you are already logged in, you will see the following access prompt after clicking on Create.
- Click Allow to grant GenRocket access to your Salesforce account. Access only needs to be granted once.
- The added Salesforce Profile will appear as shown below:
Note: The active Salesforce Profile will be displayed at the top of the Project Dashboard as well.
How to Browse Salesforce Objects in GenRocket
Now, you can immediately connect to your Salesforce environment and begin to browse your Salesforce objects.
- Click on the New Domain button within the Domains pane.
- Select Import from SF.
- Click the Load Objects button to load your Salesforce Objects.
- All Salesforce Objects will be loaded and displayed within the pop-up window.
- Here, you can select a Salesforce Object to be imported into a GenRocket Domain.
- Click the Next button after making your selection.
- Next, select the Fields to be included within the created Domain.
- Click the Next button to import the Salesforce Object into a GenRocket Domain.
- You will be directed to the Domain Dashboard where you can see the Domain and Attributes.
- Each selected field for the Salesforce Object will be a Domain Attribute in GenRocket.
The following video may be used to learn more about creating Salesforce Profiles in GenRocket: