A GenRocket Salesforce Profile must be created to:
- Connect to a Specific Salesforce Environment
- Import Salesforce Object Descriptions
- Export Data into Salesforce Objects
In This Article
How to Create a Salesforce Profile
- Log into the GenRocket web platform.
- Expand the Organization Menu in the Menu Bar.
- Select My Account from the menu.
- Click the Manage Salesforce Profile button.
- Click the Create Salesforce Profile button.
- Enter a Name for your new profile.
- (Optional) Check the Sandbox option if you will be connecting to a sandbox environment.
- Click the Create button.
- GenRocket will automatically take you to the Salesforce platform, where you can log in and permit GenRocket to access your application.
Note: If you are already logged in, you will see the following access prompt after clicking Create.
- Click Allow to grant GenRocket access to your Salesforce account. Access only needs to be given once.
- The added Salesforce Profile will appear as shown below:
Note: The active Salesforce Profile will also be displayed at the top of the Project Dashboard.
How to Browse Salesforce Objects in GenRocket
Now, you can immediately connect to your Salesforce environment and browse your Salesforce objects.
- Click on the New Domain button within the Domains pane.
- Select Import from Salesforce.
- Click the Load Objects button to load your Salesforce Objects.
- All Salesforce Objects will be loaded and displayed within the pop-up window.
- Here, you can select a Salesforce Object to be imported into a GenRocket Domain.
- Click the Next button after making your selection.
- Next, select the Fields to be included within the created Domain.
- Click the Next button to import the Salesforce Object into a GenRocket Domain.
- You will be directed to the Domain Dashboard, where you can see the Domain and Attributes.
- Each selected field for the Salesforce Object will be a Domain Attribute in GenRocket.
The following video may be used to learn more about creating Salesforce Profiles in GenRocket: