The reference Parameter in an assigned Generator may be used to reference another Attribute for a Domain. This article shows how to reference another Attribute.
How to Reference an Attribute in Another Attribute
- Navigate to the Domain Dashboard and select the Attribute you want to modify.
- In the below example, we have selected an email Attribute.
- If there is already a value in the Reference parameter for the assigned Generator, remove it before continuing.
- Note: Depending on what Generator you are using, the reference Parameter might be in a different location than what is shown above.
- Double click on the reference Parameter input field.
- This will open the Select Attribute to Reference dialog window.
- Select the Attribute you want to reference by clicking the Plus + button.
- In this example, the id Attribute has been chosen.
- Click the Save Generator button to save the change.
- Look at the Preview pane to see the new data.
- The email Attribute now references the id Attribute.
The following video can also be used to learn about referencing one Attribute to another: