You can use the GenRocket Runtime while connected to a secure network or offline. To use GenRocket Runtime offline, you will need to add an offline certificate to your .genrocket folder in your home directory.
Note: You do not need to use an offline certificate if you are connected to the Internet in a non-secure/corporate environment.
Note: lease see this article for more information: How to Download a GMUS Offline Certificate.
How Does the Offline Certificate Work?
- Each offline certificate is specific to a GenRocket Organization.
- Each offline certificate lasts for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours you will need to download a new offline certificate and place it in your .genrocket directory.
Note: If you are a member of two GenRocket organizations you will need to download an offline certificate for each organization.
How to Download the Offline Certificate
Step 1 - Confirm resource.home.directory Value
- Within the Resources pane, confirm you have added a value to the resource.home.directory.
Step 2 - Download the Offline Certificate
- Within the Resources Pane, expand the Download drop-down menu and select Download Offline Certificate.
- This file will be named like this: GR#######Certificate.grc. (The # symbol represents numbers within the file name.)
Step 3 - Place the Offline Certificate into your .genrocket Folder
- Navigate to the directory where the offline certificate was downloaded. This will typically be your Downloads folder.
- Right click on the file and choose Cut or Copy.
- Navigate to and open your .genrocket folder. It can be found in your home directory (usually C:/Users/User Name).
- Right-click and paste the certificate file into this directory.
- The fill will appear as shown below in the .genrocket folder:
Step 4 - Verify offline certificate is working
Error - Unable to validate license
The following error will appear when the resource.home.directory does not match the system home directory.
To fix this issue, complete these steps:
- Update the Resource Home Directory (Step 1) to match the System Home Directory path.
- Download the Offline Certificate again.
- Repeat Step 3 and 4 above.
The following video can be used to see a quick preview of these steps, as well: