Data Migration Lesson Introduction
The GenRocket Data Migration Platform - GMigration allows data within one or more database tables to be migrated from a source database to a destination database while masking sensitive data columns within the given tables using the GenRocket Synthetic Data Replacement process.
We have created 10 Lessons that will guide you through the data migration process. Below you will see the hardware requirements for GMigration as well as an overview of the 10 lessons.
Please note: if you want to Migrate data AND also Mask data please read the support article about our Synthetic Data Replacement feature and also watch the six minute Data Migration and Data Masking Solutions Video. Please go to this page in our knowledge base.
Recommended Hardware Requirements for GenRocket Database Migration
GenRocket is able to run on nearly any machine that supports Java. For an optimal experience we recommend your machine has:
- 4 Core CPU
- 16 GB RAM
- SSD Hard drive
- Linux/Unix based Operating System
The steps defined below will walk you through the process of migrating one table from a source database to a destination database while using GenRocket's data masking feature.
- These lessons assume that you have gone through the GenRocket Main Concepts training in GenRocket University and know how to define GenRocket resources. To request GenRocket University training go to this page.
- These lessons also assume that you have basic knowledge in using the MySQL database and have the ability to create databases and tables.
- Defining the Source and Destination Databases and Migration Table
- Defining JDBC Source & Destination Property Files
- Encrypting the Source JDBC Property File
- Testing the JDBC Connections
- Defining GenRocket Resources for the JDBC Property Files
- Defining GenRocket Resources for Scenarios and Dump Files
- Defining a GenRocket Domain for Data Masking
- Creating a Migration Configuration
- Using the Table Config to Define a Database Table for Migration
- Downloading and Running the Migration