The GenRocket Migration Platform allows data within one or more database tables to be copied from a source database to a destination database while masking sensitive data columns within the given tables.
The steps defined below will walk you through the process of migrating one table from a source database to a destination database while using GenRocket's data masking feature.
- These lessons assume that you have gone through the GenRocket Main Concepts tutorials and know how to define GenRocket resources.
- These lessons also assume that you have basic knowledge in using the MySQL database and have the ability to create databases and tables.
- Defining the Source and Destination Databases and Migration Table
- Defining JDBC Source & Destination Property Files
- Encrypting the Source JDBC Property File
- Testing the JDBC Connections
- Defining GenRocket Resources for the JDBC Property Files
- Defining GenRocket Resources for Scenarios and Dump Files
- Defining a GenRocket Domain for Data Masking
- Creating a Migration Configuration
- Using the Table Config to Define a Database Table for Migration
- Downloading and Running the Migration