This documentation describes how quickly you can create Migration Configuration on the GenRocket web platform.
The GenRocket web platform allows you to fully manage the migration configuration for migrating one or more tables from asource database to tables in a destination database while replacing sensitive data with synthetically generated data. The steps below define the initial steps of creating a migration configuration.
Initial Steps to Create a Migration Configuration
- Create a new GenRocket project called, UserReplacementDemo.
- Click the Migration Management Tab on the Project Dashboard.
- Click the New Migration Config button to create a new Migration Configuration.
- On the New Migration Config dialog, fill in the parameters as defined in the image below.
- Once all of the parameters have been filled in, click the Save button.
- Source DB Name: Defines the name of the source database from where you want to migrate the data.
- Source JDBC Directory: Defines the resource that will have the directory to Source JDBC configuration file. E.g. : resource.jdbc.directory -> /Users/htaylor/dbConfigs
- Source JDBC SubDirectory: Defines the sub-directory within Source JDBC Directory where the Configuration file can be found.
E.g. : sourceDBConfig
- Source JDBC Config Name: Defines the file name of Source JDBC configuration file. This Configuration file will have the connection string along with username and password that will help to make the connection with Source Database. Eg: sourceConfig.properties
- Destination DB Name: Defines the name of the destination database from where you want to migrate data.
- Destination JDBC Directory: Defines the resource that will have the directory to Destination JDBC configuration file. Eg: resource.jdbc.directory -> /Users/htaylor/dbConfigs
- Destination JDBC Sub Directory: Defines the sub-directory within Destination JDBC Directory where destination configuration can be found. Eg: destDBConfig
- Destination JDBC Config Name : Defines the file name of Destination JDBC configuration file. This Configuration file will have the connection string along with username and password that will help to make the connection with Destination Database. Eg: destConfig.properties
- Scenario Directory: Defines the resource that will have the path to a directory where all scenarios required by GenRocket Migration utility will be stored.
- Dump Directory: Defines the resource that will have the path to where all the temporary dump files that get created during the Migration, will be stored. All the Dump files will be temporarily created and once Migration is complete, it will be removed automatically.
- Dump Files Per Sub Dir: Defines how many dump files should be created per sub-directory inside Dump Directory.
- Rows Per Dump File: Defines how many rows should be created inside one Dump file into Sub-Directory before creating another file.
Directory Structure of Configuration File:
Note: If you have followed the previous articles before this one, you should have defined the four resources necessary where specified. If you do not have the four resources defined, please refer to the following two articles before complete step 3: