The CompareStringGen Generator returns ‘true’ or ‘false’ based on whether two string values are equal [EQ] or not equal [NE].
The following parameters may be configured for the CompareStringGen Generator. Items with an asterisk* are required.
- Operator* – Defines the type of compare operation that will be taken on the two strings.
- IgnoreCase* – Determines if the comparison should be case sensitive.
- value1* – Defines the first string to compare.
- Value2* – Defines the second string to compare.
Example 1: Compare Random Colors in 2 Lists
This example shows how to use the CompareStringGen Generator to compare random colors generated by 2 separate lists: 1st_list (gen1) and 2nd_list (gen2).
For this example, the ListGen Generator is linked twice to the CompareStringGen Generator. The Parameters are configured as follows:
- operator = EQ (Equal)
- ignoreCase = true
- value1 = References ListGen Generator (gen1)
- value2 = References ListGen Generator (gen2)
Below are the ListGen Generator Parameter configurations for each random list of colors:
Value 1 (gen1):
Value 2 (gen2):
As shown below, when the random colors match in each of the 2 lists, the result will be true.