Project Version Copy is a feature that lets users quickly replicate everything in an existing GenRocket Project. To learn more about GenRocket Projects go here.
It's common to have software applications go through life cycles. Testers need test data versions to test the old application and a different version to test the new software application. GenRocket Project Version Copy makes it easy to create different versions of your Project to exactly match the different versions of your software.
For GenRocket Professional and Enterprise Editions you can copy the same project every 24 hours; this is to limit the risk of users copying the same project at the same time.
For GenRocket Group Editions you can use Project Version Copy within each Project every 30 days.
1. Open the GenRocket Project you would like to copy / replicate.
2. Under Project Versions Window click on Copy Version
3. A pop up window will appear. Fill out the values needed then click Save
- Version Number :
- A required field.
- Numeric value.
- This is where you enter the version number (e.g. 1.1, 1.2.0). It should be unique within a project.
- This is reflected in the Project versions window under Name column.
- Code Name :
- Project version name.
- This is reflected in the Project versions window under Code Name.
4. A pop up window will appear to notify you that your project version copy is in queue.
5. You can also see the status of your project version copy in the Queue Status window. If it does not display in the window, kindly click on Refresh button. The Project Version Copying process should only take a few minutes depending on the size of your project. To see if the copying is done, click on the Refresh button in the Queue Status window