Project Version Copy is a feature that lets users quickly replicate everything or a subset of Domains within an existing Project Version.
This article shows how to copy/replicate an entire Project Version within a given Project in the GenRocket web platform. When a whole Project is copied, a new version will be created. To learn more about GenRocket Projects go here.
Note: For more information about how to copy a subset of Domains, click here.
How to Copy a Project
Complete the following steps to copy a GenRocket Project:
- Open the Project you would like to copy/replicate.
- Within Project Versions Pane, expand the Manage Menu and select the Copy Version option.
- Select Copy Whole Project Version and then click Next.
- Select the Project Version you would like to copy within the Copy From drop-down menu.
- Enter a Version Number.
- A required field.
- Numeric value.
- This is where you enter the version number (e.g. 1.1, 1.2.0). It should be unique within a project.
- This is reflected in the Project Versions Pane under the Ver column.
- Enter a Code Name. This is the name of the Project Version that is being created.
This is reflected in the Project Versions Pane under the Description column.
- Click the Save button to finish.
- A pop-up window will appear to notify you that your project version copy is in the queue.
- You can also see the status of your project version copy within the Queue Status Pane. If it does not display in the pane, kindly click on the Refresh button. The Project Version Copying process should only take a few minutes depending on the size of your project. To see if the copying is done, click on the Refresh button within the Queue Status Pane.
- Once the copying process has finished, the new version of the project will appear within the Project Versions Pane.