Project Version Copy is a feature that lets users quickly replicate everything in an existing GenRocket Project.
This article shows how to copy/replicate a Project within the GenRocket web platform. When a Project is copied, a new version will be created. To learn more about GenRocket Projects go here.
How to Copy a Project
Complete the following steps to copy a GenRocket Project:
- Open the GenRocket Project you would like to copy / replicate.
- Within Project Versions pane, click the Copy Version button.
- A pop-up window will appear. Fill out the needed values needed.
- Click the Save button to finish.
- Version Number :
- A required field.
- Numeric value.
- This is where you enter the version number (e.g. 1.1, 1.2.0). It should be unique within a project.
- This is reflected in the Project Versions pane under the Name column.
- Code Name:
- Project version name.
- This is reflected in the Project Versions pane under the Code Name column.
- A pop up window will appear to notify you that your project version copy is in queue.
- You can also see the status of your project version copy in the Queue Status pane. If it does not display in the pane, kindly click on Refresh button. The Project Version Copying process should only take a few minutes depending on the size of your project. To see if the copying is done, click on the Refresh button in the Queue Status pane.
- Once the copying process has finished, the new version of the project will appear within the Project Versions pane.