This article explains what a Project Preset is, how to create a Project Preset, and how to update a Project Preset.
What is Project Preset?
A Project Preset is a common use Domain consisting of a set of Attributes with best practice Generators assigned to them.
Test Data Project Domains (e.g. User, Address, Company, etc.) are unique within an Organization and may be used within multiple Test Data Projects. These projects are analogous to an application or a database you are testing in your testing environment. We can save the whole project version as a Project Preset or as a subset of its Domains as a Preset, which can be copied multiple times to create new projects quickly and easily.
Creating a Project Preset from Existing Projects
Complete the following steps to create a Project Present from an existing project:
- In your Project Dashboard, click the Copy icon (encircled in the screenshot below) of the Project you want to copy/create preset.
- A Preset Options pop-up window will appear. If the Project has multiple Project Versions, you will need to select a Preset version. Click the Save button.
- If only one Project Version exists for the Project (Default Version), then you will automatically see the pop-up displayed below.
- Tick the Copy Whole Project option and then click Save.
- The Create Preset from Project pop-up window will appear.
- Enter the Preset Name with no spaces and then click Save.
- The Preset Creation pop-up window will appear to notify you that preset creation is in the queue.
- Click OK to close this window.
- In your Project Dashboard, within the Queue Status pane, click the Refresh button to check the status of your Preset creation.
- In the navigation bar, expand the Presets Menu and click Organization Presets.
- The Create Project from Preset pop-up window will appear.
- Select the Project Preset you want to copy by ticking the radio button.
- Click the Next button.
- A Preset Preset "name" pop-up window will appear.
- This lists the domains, scenarios, attributes, etc. in the preset.
- Click on Next to continue.
- A pop-up window appears. Input the new project Name (no spaces).
- Select the Organization where the new project will be placed.
- Click the Next button.
IMPORTANT: You can only copy/paste a project preset within the GenRocket Environment. You cannot copy a Project preset from GenRocket University to the GenRocket web platform.
- A pop-up window will appear to notify you that preset is in the queue.
- In the Project Dashboard, under Queue Status Pane, click the Refresh button to check the status.
How to Update a Project Preset
- Expand the Presets Menu in the navigation bar and select the Organization Presets menu option.
- In the Create Project from Presets pop-up window, click on the Update Preset option.
- The Preset Options pop-up window will appear.
- Tick the Copy Subset (Note: Only Domain will be copied) option and click Save.
- The Select the Domains to be copied pop-up window will appear.
- Select the Domain that you wish to copy by checking the box and then click Save.
- A warning pop-up window will appear, click Yes to continue.
- A pop-up window will appear to notify you that the update preset is done, click OK.
- In the navigation bar, expand the Presets Menu and select Organization Presets.
- You will notice that the version of the Project preset is updated from 1.0 to 2.0.