This article explains what a GenRocket Project Preset is, how to create a Project Preset, and how to update a Project Preset.
What is GenRocket Project Preset?
A GenRocket Preset is a common use Domain consisting of a set of Attributes with best practice Generators assigned to them.
GenRocket Domains (e.g. User, Address, Company, etc.) are unique within a GenRocket organization and may be used within multiple GenRocket Projects. These projects are analogous to an application or a database you are testing in your testing environment. We can save whole project version as a Project Preset or as a subset of it's Domains as a Preset, which can be copied multiple times to create new projects quickly and easily.
Creating a Project Preset from Existing Projects
Complete the following steps to create a Project Present from an existing project:
- In your Project Dashboard, click the Copy icon (encircled in the screenshot below) of the Project you want to copy/create preset.
- A Preset Options pop-up window will appear.
- Tick the Copy Whole Project option and then click Save.
- The Create Preset from Project pop-up window will appear.
- Enter the Preset Name with no spaces and then click Save.
- The Preset Creation pop-up window will appear to notify you that preset creation is in queue.
- Click OK to close this window.
- In your Project Dashboard, within the Queue Status pane, click the Refresh button to check the status of your Preset creation.
- In your GenRocket navigation bar, expand the Presets Menu and click Organization Presets.
- The Create Project from Preset pop-up window will appear.
- Select the Project Preset you want to copy by ticking the radio button.
- Click the Next button.
- A Preset Preset "name" pop up window will appear.
- This lists the domains, scenarios, attributes, etc. in the preset.
- Click on Next to continue.
- A pop up window appear. Input the new project Name (no spaces).
- Select the Organization where the new project will be placed.
- Click the Next button.
IMPORTANT: You can only copy/paste a project preset within the GenRocket Environment. You cannot copy a Project preset from GenRocket University to the GenRocket web platform.
- A pop up window will appear to notify you that preset is in queue.
- In your Project Dashboard under Queue Status window, click Refresh button to check the status.
How to Update a Project Preset
- Expand the Presets Menu in the navigation bar and select the Organization Presets menu option.
- In the Create Project from Presets pop-up window, click on the Update Preset option.
- The Preset Options pop-up window will appear.
- Tick the Copy Subset (Note: Only Domain will be copied) option and click Save.
- The Select the Domains to be copied pop-up window will appear.
- Select the Domain that you wish to copy by checking the box and then click Save.
- A warning pop-up window will appear, click Yes to continue.
- A pop-up window will appear to notify you that update preset is done, click OK.
- In your GenRocket navigation bar, expand the Presets Menu and select Organization Presets.
- You will notice that the version of the Project preset is updated from 1.0 to 2.0.