The EdgeCaseGen Generator generates edge case data useful for negative testing and testing edge cases.
The following parameters may be configured for the EdgeCaseGen Generator. Items with an asterisk* are required.
- source* - References a value or Attribute to be returned when the edgeCase condition is false.
- edgeCase* - References a value or Attribute to be returned when the edge case condition is true.
- condition - Reference an Attribute whose Generator will only return a Boolean true or false value. The edgeCase value is return when True and the source value is return when False.
- cycle - Defines the number of cycles the source value is returned before the edgeCase value is returned.
- percentage - Defines the percentage of time the edgeCase value is returned as opposed to the source value being returned.
- seed - Sets the seed on the internal random generator that is used when the edge case is being determined by percentage.
Example 1: Create a number between 1000-100,000 when condition is true; otherwise, create a number less than 1000
This example uses four total linked Generators. These three additional Generators are referenced by EdgeCaseGen Generator Parameters:
The following are referenced in the EdgeCaseGen Generator configuration:
- source Parameter - References RandomGen (gen1)
- edgeCase Parameter - References RandomStringGen (gen2)
- condition Parameter - References RandomTrueFalseGen (gen3)
RandomGen Generator Configuration (source Parameter Reference):
RandomStringGen Generator Configuration (edgeCase Parameter Reference):
RandomTrueFalseGen Generator Configuration (condition Parameter Reference):
gen4 = Result.
if condition is TRUE = result should be 1,000-100,000.
if condition is FALSE = result should be less than 1,000.