The XMLSegmentMergeV2Receiver, merges different XML data segments, created by SegmentDataCreatorReceiver, to generate complex nested XML output.
The XMLSegmentMergeV2Receiver is an upgrade from the XMLSegmentMergeReceiver in that it requires an XSD to read from, that describes the structure of the XML document; thus, laborious work of attaching templates to each Domain, as was necessary for the XMLSegmentMergeReceiver, is no longer needed.
The XMLSegmentMergeV2Receiver's greatest feature is that it allows for highly nested XML documents to be auto-created from their XSDs in just minutes.
The component diagram below, shows how the XMLSegmentMergeV2Receiver interacts with other GenRocket components to create complex nested XML documents by merging XML data from two or more segments. Combining the use of the Segment data, plus the use of the config.xml and XSD file, the XMLSegmentMergeV2Receiver can create complex nested XML output for any XML document no matter how deep or complex its hierarchy or the amount of test data or test data files are needed to solve the test data challenge.
The XMLSegmentMergeReceiver requires that the following parameters are defined:
- outputPath - Defines the location to store the newly generated nested XML file(s).
- outputSubDirectory - Defines the prefix name of subdirectories that are auto created under the outputPath and then appended with a number.
- configPath - Defines the location where the configuration file and XSD file are to be stored.
- configSubDir - Defines the subdirectory under the configPath directory where the configuration file and XSD file are to be stored.
- configName - Defines the subdirectory under the configPath directory where the configuration file and XSD file are to be stored.
- filesPerOutputSubDir - Defines the number of files to be generated per output subdirectory.
- segmentPath - Defines the path to the Segment directory where all segment subdirectories can be found.
- segmentSubDirectory - Defines the subdirectory under the segmentPath where segment files can be found.
Receiver Attribute Property Keys
There are no property keys necessary for this Receiver.
In order for GenRocket to import, parse an XSD and convert its information into GenRocket Domains and establish Domain Parent/Child/Sibling relationships, a consistent XSD format must be adhered to. Please click the following links for details on Defining an XSD and for an explanation on Why an XSD is Necessary.
GenRocket automatically creates a Configurator, after importing an XSD, and converting its elements into GenRocket Components. The Configurator produces an XML Document for downloading to a local computer. The XMLSegmentMergeV2Receiver reads and parses the XML Document and reads and parses the XSD document to automatically configure itself to merge and properly write the nested generated segment data out to one or more XML test data files. Please click the following link to see an Example Configuration File.
A Fictional Story Example for Generating Complex Nested XML Data
Please click the following link to see a Full Example Using the XMLSegmentMergV2Receiver.