Test Data Case Suites are used to group Test Data Cases by Category (Unit, Load, Negative, Integration, etc.) Test Data Case Suites are set up and managed within a Project Version. A Project Version can have one or multiple Test Data Case Suites.
In This Article
This article covers the following topics:
- How to View Test Data Case Suites
- How to Filter Test Data Case Suites
- How to View a Test Data Case Suite Configuration
- Additional Test Data Case Actions
How to View Test Data Case Suites
To access and view Test Data Case Suites for a Project, complete the following steps:
- Select the appropriate Project within the Project Dashboard of the GenRocket Web Platform.
- Use the Filter input field to enter part or all of the Project Name and then click on the Project Link.
- Expand the Self Serve Menu Options drop-down menu for the appropriate Project Version.
- Next, select G-Cases.
- Each Test Data Case Suite will be displayed in a table. Here, you can manage existing groups or create a new group.
Note: If no Test Data Case Suites exist for the selected Project Version, the table will be empty.
How to Filter Test Data Case Suites
To locate a specific Test Data Case Suite, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Filter input field and type all or part of the name of the Test Data Case Suite.
- Test Data Case Suites matching the entered filter will be displayed within the table. For this example, Unit was entered.
How to View a Test Data Case Suite Configuration
Each Test Data Case Suite has its own configuration consisting of Test Data Categories and Test Data Cases.
To view the configuration for a specific Test Data Case Suite, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Name of a Test Data Case Suite within the table.
- The current configuration will appear below the table. Here, you can create, edit, or remove Test Data Categories and Test Data Cases.
- You can also alter specific parameters for a Test Data Case such as changing the order of the Domains, removing a Domain, and altering a Domain's Loop Count.
Additional Test Data Case Actions
Additional options can be found within the Actions Column on the far right of the table for each Test Data Case Suite.
These icons can be used to perform the following actions (in order from left to right). Click on the link to the right of the icon to learn more.
|Change the Name of a Test Data Case Suite|
|Create a Copy of a Test Data Case Suite|
|View a Test Data Case Suite Report|
|Download a Test Data Case Suite|
|Lock or Unlock a Test Data Case Suite|
|Delete a Test Data Case Suite|