Each version of a Project may have one or more configured Test Data Permutations. To access and view this information, you will need to select the appropriate Project.
This article shows how to do the following:
- Access Test Data Permutations for a Project
- Filter Test Data Permutations in the Table
- View a Test Data Permutation Configuration
This article also provides a quick overview of the available options within the Actions Column for a Test Data Permutation.
Accessing Test Data Permutations
To access Test Data Permutations for a Project, complete the following steps:
- Select the appropriate Project within the Project Dashboard of the GenRocket web platform.
- Use the Filter input field to enter part or all of the Project Name and then click on the Project Link.
- Expand the Manage Menu option for the appropriate Project Version and then select Test Data Permutations.
- Each Test Data Permutation will be displayed in a table. Here, you can manage existing permutations or create a new permutation.
Note: If no Test Data Permutations exist for the selected Project Version, the table will be empty.
Filtering Test Data Permutations
To locate a specific Test Data Permutation, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Filter input field and type all or part of the name of the Test Data Permutation.
- Test Data Permutations matching the entered filter will be displayed within the table. For this example, Unit was entered.
Viewing a Test Data Permutation Configuration
Each Test Data Permutation has its own configuration consisting of Test Data Categories and Test Data Cases.
To view the configuration for a specific Test Data Permutation, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Name of a Test Data Permutation within the table.
- The current configuration will appear below the table. Here, you can create, edit, or remove Test Data Categories and Test Data Cases.
- You can also alter specific parameters for a Test Data Case such as changing the order of the Domains, removing a Domain, and altering a Domain's Loop Count.
Performing Additional Actions
Additional options can be found within the Actions Column on the far right of the table for each Test Data Permutation.
These icons can be used to perform the following actions (in order from left to right). Click on the link to the right of the icon to learn more.