A Project or Project Version may have multiple Test Data Case Suites consisting of their own Test Data Categories and Test Data Cases.
What is a Test Data Case Suite?
- A group of Test Data Categories with their own Test Data Cases that can be used to test the validity of synthetic data used for your system. Test Data Case Suites exist within a given Project Version of a Project.
When should you use Test Data Case Suites?
- Any time you want to group and use Test Data Cases by testing Categories and test the validity of synthetic data used for your system.
How do you use Test Data Case Suites?
- Create a new Test Data Case Suite for a selected Project Version
- Add one or more Test Data Categories to the suite
- Add one or more Test Data Cases to each category
- (Optional) Add one or more Test Data Rules and Queries to cases
- Download the Test Data Case Suite to your local computer
- Run a Test Data Case command within a Command or Terminal Window
In This Article
This article covers the following topics:
How to Create a New Test Data Case Suite
To create a new Test Data Case Suite for a selected Project and Version, complete the following steps:
- Expand the Self Serve Menu Options drop-down menu for the appropriate Project Version within the Project Dashboard.
- Next, select G-Cases from the menu.
- Click on Add G-Case Suite button below the table to begin.
- Enter a Name for the Test Data Case Suite and then click Save. For this example, we will call it TestDataCaseExample.
- The new Test Data Case Suite will appear in the table and will be automatically selected. Categories and Test Data Cases are for the suite are displayed below the table.
Next Configuration Steps
Next, you will need to create at least one Category and one Test Data Case for the suite. Please use the links below to learn more: