Each Test Data Case Suite can have one or more Test Data Categories (Unit, Load, Functional, Negative, etc.), which are used to specify the type of testing for the Test Data Cases in the category.
When should you use Test Data Categories?
- Test Data Case Categories should be used any time you want to generate test data based on a defined group of test cases. Categories and their corresponding Test Data Cases are organized within a Test Data Case Suite.
How do you use Test Data Categories?
A Test Data Category defines the type of testing to be achieved by its Test Data Cases. Each Test Data Case Suite must have at least one Test Data Category. A Category may have one or multiple defined Test Data Cases.
- Select a Test Data Case Suite
- Create a Test Data Category
- Add one or more Test Data Cases to the Category
In this Article
This article covers the following topics:
- How to Create a New Test Data Category
- How to Edit the Test Data Category Name
- How to Delete a Test Data Category from a Suite
Note: To learn more about creating and managing Test Data Cases for a Test Data Category, please see: How to create and manage Test Data Cases.
How to Create a New Test Data Category
A Test Data Category contains the Test Data Cases and configured parameters necessary to generate different variations of synthetic test data for specified Project Domains.
To create a new Test Data Category, complete the following steps:
- Select the Test Data Case Suite within the table by clicking on its Name.
- Next, click on Add G-Case Category.
- Select a testing category from the drop-down menu (Beta, Load, Stress, Unit, etc.).
- Click Save to finish.
- The new Test Data Category will appear in the table and will be selected automatically (highlighted in blue).
Note: After a Test Data Category has been created, you will be able to create Test Data Cases for the category. For more information please see: How to create and manage Test Data Cases.
How to Edit the Test Data Category Name
At any time, the Name of the Test Data Category may be changed to a different type of testing. Complete the following steps to do so:
- Click on the Edit (Pencil) Icon within the Actions Column for the appropriate Test Data Category.
- Select a different Name from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save to finish.
- The new Name will appear within the table.
How to Delete a Test Data Category from a Suite
To remove a Test Data Category, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Delete (Trash Can) Icon within the Actions Column for the appropriate Test Data Category.
- Click Yes within the confirmation window to delete the Test Data Category.
Note: Click No to close the confirmation window without deleting the Test Data Category.