A Project Version may have one or more Test Data Rule Suites. To see this information, you will need to view Test Data Rule Suites for the appropriate Project and Version.
What is a Test Data Rule Suite?
- A group of Test Data Rules that can be used to apply business logic when generating test data. Each rule contains at least one Condition and Action to form a conditional if-then statement.
When should you use Test Data Rule Suites?
- Test Data Rule Suites should be used when you want to use a group a set of Test Data Rules to apply business logic during test data generation.
How do Test Data Rule Suites Work?
A Test Data Rule Suite can:
- Have as many rules as needed, including a default test data rule.
- Have no conditions and just an action that is taken during test data generation.
- Be run on its own with a Scenario, Scenario Chain, or Scenario Chain Set.
- Be added to a Test Data Case and applied automatically when the case is run.
In This Article
This article shows how to do the following:
- How to Access Test Data Rule Suites
- How to Filter Test Data Rule Suites
- How to View a Test Data Rule Suite Configuration
- How to Perform Additional Actions
How to Access Test Data Rule Suites
To access Test Data Rule Suites, complete the following steps:
- Select the appropriate Project within the Project Dashboard.
- Use the Filter input field to enter part or all of the Project Name and then click on the Project Link.
- Expand the Self Serve Menu Options drop-down menu for the appropriate Project Version and then select G-Rules.
- Each Test Data Rule Suite will be displayed in a table. Here, you can manage an existing suite or create a new suite.
Note: If no Test Data Rule Suites exist for the selected Project Version, the table will be empty.
How to Filter Test Data Rule Suites
To locate a specific Test Data Rule Suite, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Filter input field and type all or part of the name of the Test Data Rule Suite.
- Test Data Rule Suites matching the entered filter will be displayed within the table. For this example, Balance was entered.
How to View a Test Data Rule Suite Configuration
Each Test Data Rule Suite has its own configuration, which consists of one or more Test Data Rules. Every Test Data Rule within a suite has its own Conditions and Actions. Organization Variables may also be selected and used for a Test Data Rule Suite.
To view the configuration for a specific Test Data Rule Suite, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Name of a Test Data Rule Suite within the table.
- The current configuration will appear below the table.
- Here, you can create, edit, or remove Test Data Rules for the set as well as manage Conditions and Actions for each Test Data Rule. You may also select and manage Organization Variables for the Test Data Rule Suite.
How to Perform Additional Actions
Additional options can be found within the Action Column on the far right of the table for each Test Data Rule Suite.
These icons can be used to perform the following actions (in order from left to right). Click on the link to the right of the icon to learn more.
|View a Test Data Rule Suite Report|
|Change the Name of a Test Data Rule Suite|
|Create a Copy of a Test Data Rule Suite|
|Download a Test Data Rule Suite|
|Lock and Unlock Test Data Rule Suites|
|Delete a Test Data Rule Suite|