Each version of a Project may have one or more Test Data Rule Groups. To see this information, you will need to view Test Data Rule Groups for the appropriate Project and Version.
This article shows how to do the following:
- Access Test Data Rules for a Project
- Filter Test Data Rule Groups in the Table
- View a Test Data Rule Group Configuration
This article also provides a quick overview of the available options within the Action Column for a Test Data Rule Group.
Accessing Test Data Rule Groups
To access Test Data Rule Groups for a Project, complete the following steps:
- Select the appropriate Project within the Project Dashboard of the GenRocket web platform.
- Use the Filter input field to enter part or all of the Project Name and then click on the Project Link.
- Expand the Manage Menu option for the appropriate Project Version and then select Test Data Rules.
- Each Test Data Rule Group will be displayed in a table. Here, you can manage an existing group or create a new group.
Note: If no Test Data Rule Groups exist for the selected Project Version, the table will be empty.
Filtering Test Data Rule Groups
To locate a specific Test Data Rule Group, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Filter input field and type all or part of the name of the Test Data Rule Group.
- Test Data Rule Groups matching the entered filter will be displayed within the table. For this example, User was entered.
Viewing a Test Data Rule Group Configuration
Each Test Data Rule Group has its own configuration, which consists of one or more Test Data Rules. Every Test Data Rule within a group has its own Conditions and Actions. Organization Variables may also be selected and used for a Test Data Rule Group.
To view the configuration for a specific Test Data Rule Group, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Name of a Test Data Rule Group within the table.
- The current configuration will appear below the table.
- Here, you can create, edit, or remove Test Data Rules for the group as well as manage Conditions and Actions for each Test Data Rule. You may also select and manage Organization Variables for the Test Data Rule Group.
Performing Additional Actions
Additional options can be found within the Action Column on the far right of the table for each Test Data Rule Group.