A Project Version within a Test Data Project may have one or multiple Test Data Rule Suites. Each suite consists of one or multiple Test Data Rules, which have their own Conditions and Actions.
What is a Test Data Rule Suite?
- A group of Test Data Rules that can be used to apply business logic during test data generation. Each Test Data Rule Suite has its own Test Data Rules with defined Conditions and Action that form a conditional if-then statement.
When should you use Test Data Rule Suites?
- Test Data Rule Suites should be used when business logic should be applied during test data generation.
How do they work?
- Create a Test Data Rule Suite
- Add Test Data Rules
- Add Conditions and Actions to each Test Data Rule
- Download the Test Data Rule Suite
- Run the Command Line with a Scenario, Scenario Chain, or Scenario Chain Set
Note: Test Data Rule Suites can also be added to a Test Data Case. For more information, click here.
How to Add a Test Data Rule Suite to a Project Version
To add a new Test Data Rule Suite for a selected Project and Project Version, complete the following steps:
- Expand the Manage Menu option for the appropriate Project Version within the Project Dashboard.
- Next, select G-Rules from the menu.
- Click on Add G-Rule Set below the table to begin.
- Enter a Name and Description (Optional but Recommended) for the Test Data Rule Suite.
- Click Save to finish. For this example, we will call it SampleTestDataRules.
Note: If the No Condition checkbox is checked, the only a Default rule will be created for the suite and you will only be able to configure the Actions for it. No other rules can be added when this option is checked.
- The new Test Data Rule Suite will appear in the table and be automatically selected, as shown below:
- The configuration details of a selected Test Data Rule Suite are displayed below the table.
Note: Once a Test Data Rule Suite has been created, you will be able to configure individual Test Data Rules and their corresponding Conditions/Actions. Please see the following pages to learn more:
- How to add and manage Test Data Rules for a Suite
- How to configure Test Data Rule Conditions and Actions