After a Test Data Rule Set has been configured with Test Data Rules and their Conditions/Actions, it can then be run in conjunction with a downloaded Scenario, Scenario Chain, or Scenario Chain Set.
This article shows how to do the following:
- Download a Test Data Rule Set
- Run the Test Data Rule Set with a Scenario
Note: While this article shows how to run the Test Data Rule Set specifically with a Scenario, the same steps are applicable for Scenario Chains and Scenario Chain Sets.
Downloading a Test Data Rule Set
Complete the following steps to download the Test Data Rule Set and Scenario to your local computer.
- Click on the Download (Cloud) option located on the far right of the table in the Action Column to download it to your local computer.
- Click on the Scenario within the Project Dashboard or the Domain Dashboard to view its configuration.
- Next, click on the Download Button to download it to your local computer.
Note: To learn more about downloading Scenarios, please see: How to Download a Scenario.
Running a Test Data Rule Set with a Scenario
The Test Data Rule Set and the Scenario (or Scenario Chain/Scenario Chain Set) are run using the command line shown at the bottom of the Test Data Rule Set configuration.
These values will be different depending on the name of the Test Data Rule Set and the Scenario to be run.
- TestDataRules.gtdr - Name of the Test Data Rule Set
- ScenarioName.grs - Name of the Scenario, Scenario Chain, or Scenario Chain Set.
Open a Command Terminal and set the directory to where files are downloaded from the GenRocket web platform to your local computer.
Then replace the appropriate values within the command line. The Test Data Rule Set and Scenario Name can be changed accordingly.
Note: After the Test Data Rule Set and Scenario have been run, you can open the file to view the generated test data and verify the information is correct.