Test Data Rules contain one or more Conditions and Actions that define the business logic for test data generation. A Test Data Rule Group can have one or multiple Test Data Rules.
This article will show how to complete the following for a Test Data Rule Group:
- Add a New Test Data Rule
- Edit an Existing Test Data Rule
- Delete a Test Data Rule
Note: To learn more about creating and managing Conditions and Actions for a Test Data Rule, please see: Configuring Test Data Rule Conditions and Actions.
Adding a New Test Data Rule
A Test Data Rule defines the business logic to be used when generating test data for a Project and its Domains.
To create a new Test Data Rule, complete the following steps:
- Select the Test Data Rule Group within the table by clicking on its Name.
- Next, click on Add Test Data Rule located at the bottom of the Test Data Rule Table.
- Enter a Name and Description for the new Test Data Rule.
- Click Save to finish. For this example, the Test Data Rule has been named Rule1.
Note: Please note that the sample images are used to provide an easy to follow tutorial. The Name and Description should be relevant to your logic and objective.
- The new Test Data Rule will appear in the table as shown below and will automatically be selected (highlighted in blue).
Note: After a Test Data Rule has been created, you will be able to add Conditions and Actions to apply the desired business logic to generated test data. For more information please see: Configuring Test Data Rule Conditions and Actions.
Editing Test Data Rules
The Name and Description of a Test Data Rule may be changed at any time by completing the following steps:
- Click on the Edit (Pencil) Icon within the Action Column for the appropriate Test Data Rule.
- Click on the input fields to replace the current Name and/or Description.
- Click Save to finish. In this example, the Test Data Rule Name has been changed to TestDataRule1.
- The new Name and/or Description will appear within the table, as shown below:
Deleting a Test Data Rule from a Group
To remove a Test Data Rule from a group, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Delete (Trash Can) Icon within the Action Column for the appropriate Test Data Rule.
- Click Yes within the confirmation window to delete the Test Data Rule.
Note: Click No to close the confirmation window without deleting the Test Data Rule.
- The Test Data Rule will no longer appear in the table.