Test Data Rules contain one or more Conditions and Actions that define the business logic for test data generation. A Test Data Rule Suite can have one or multiple Test Data Rules.
This article will show how to complete the following for a Test Data Rule Suite:
- Add a New Test Data Rule
- Edit an Existing Test Data Rule
- Delete a Test Data Rule
Note: To learn more about creating and managing Conditions and Actions for a Test Data Rule, please see: Configuring Test Data Rule Conditions and Actions.
Adding a New Test Data Rule
A Test Data Rule defines the business logic to be used when generating test data for a Project and its Domains.
To create a new Test Data Rule, complete the following steps:
- Select the Test Data Rule Suite within the table by clicking on its Name.
- Next, click on Add G-Rule located at the bottom of the Test Data Rule Table.
- The Name of the rule will automatically be assigned by GenRocket (rule1, rule2, rule3,...).
- The Description is optional. Click Save to finish.
Note: Please note that the sample images are used to provide an easy to follow tutorial. The Description should be relevant to your logic and objective.
- The new Test Data Rule will appear in the table as shown below and will automatically be selected (highlighted in blue).
Note: After a Test Data Rule has been created, you will be able to add Conditions and Actions to apply the desired business logic to generated test data. For more information please see: Configuring Test Data Rule Conditions and Actions.
- When several rules exist for a suite, they may be rearranged by clicking on the Rearrange Icon in the Action Column and dragging the rule to another position in the table.
Editing a Test Data Rule Description
The Description of a Test Data Rule may be changed at any time by completing the following steps:
- Click on the Edit (Pencil) Icon within the Action Column for the appropriate Test Data Rule.
- Click on the input field to replace the Description.
- Click Save to finish.
- The new Description will appear within the table, as shown below:
Deleting a Test Data Rule from a Suite
To remove a Test Data Rule from a suite, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Delete (Trash Can) Icon within the Action Column for the appropriate Test Data Rule.
- Click Yes within the confirmation window to delete the Test Data Rule.
Note: Click No to close the confirmation window without deleting the Test Data Rule.
- The Test Data Rule will no longer appear in the table.