A Project or Project Version may have multiple Test Data Queries. This article shows how to create a Test Data Query for a selected Project Version.
What is a Test Data Query?
- A Test Data Query queries real data from a defined database or CSV file and then blends it with synthetically generated test data when run with a Scenario, Scenario Chain, or Scenario Chain Set.
When should you use a Test Data Queries?
- Test Data Queries should be used when you want to blend real data with synthetically generated test data to meet specific testing goals. Test Data Queries can be used on their own to generate test data or added to a Test Data Case.
How do you use Test Data Queries?
- Add a Test Data Query to a Project Version
- Configure your Query Parameters
- Add a Query
- Add Domains and Attributes that will receive the queried data
- Download the Test Data Query
- Download a Scenario, Scenario Chain, or Scenario Chain Set
- Run the Command Line within a Command or Terminal Window
Note: A Test Data Query can be added to a Test Data Case. The query will be performed automatically when the Test Data Case command line is run.
How to Add a Test Data Query to a Project or Project Version
- Expand the Self Serve Menu Options drop-down menu for the appropriate Project Version within the Project Dashboard.
- Next, select G-Queries from the menu.
- Click on the Add G-Query button below the table to begin.
- Enter a Name and Description (optional but recommended) for the Test Data Query.
- Choose a Type from the drop-down menu:
- Query Before - Query and buffer sets of data into memory from a database.
- Query Each - Query for data on each row iteration from a database.
- CSV List - Query and buffer sets of data into memory from a CSV file.
- CSV Index - Query for data on each row iteration from a CSV file.
- Mongo Before - Query columns from one or more database collections as a set of data that is buffered into memory.
- Mongo Each - Query one row of columns, from one or more database collections, on each row iteration of test data generation.
- Excel List - Query and buffer sets of data into memory from a sheet within an Excel file.
- Click Save to finish adding the Test Data Query.
- The Test Data Query will appear as shown below: