In order to generate EDI test data, you will first need to set up an EDI Project for a selected document type, version, and document. This can be accomplished through the EDI Store in GenRocket.
Important: If you have already created an EDI Project for the same EDI Document or Transaction Set and it has the standard naming convention, a version will be created rather than a new EDI Project.
Note: Please see this page before continuing if you want to create multiple EDI Projects for the same EDI Document or Transaction Set: EDI Project Standard Naming Convention.
How to Create an EDI Project
Complete these steps to create an EDI Project for a selected EDI Document Type:
- Locate the desired document type in the EDI Document pane.
- Click on the Document Type to select it.
- Click on Create Project for the appropriate document.
- Click Yes to create the EDI Project.
- The project will be created automatically for you. Please wait patiently as this may take a few minutes to be set up in the system.
- Click OK within the notification to close it.
- A second notification will be provided once the EDI Project has been successfully created. Click OK to close this message.