To generate EDI test data, an EDI Project will need to be set up for a selected document type, version, and document. This can be accomplished through the EDI Store in GenRocket.
Important: If an EDI Project has already been created for the same EDI Document or Transaction Set and it has the standard naming convention, a version will be created rather than a new EDI Project.
Note: Please see this page before continuing if multiple EDI Projects need to be created for the same EDI Document or Transaction Set: EDI Project Standard Naming Convention.
How to Create an EDI Project
Complete these steps to create an EDI Project for a selected EDI Document Type:
- Locate the desired document type in the EDI Document pane.
- Click on the Document Type to select it.
- Click on Create Project for the appropriate document.
- Click Yes to create the EDI Project.
- The project will be created automatically for you. Please wait patiently as this may take a few minutes to be set up in the system.
- Click OK within the notification to close it.
- A second notification will be provided once the EDI Project has been successfully created. Click OK to close this message.
- Once the EDI Project has been created, you will be able to view it within the EDI Management Dashboard.
Note: For more information about the interface components of the EDI Store, please see: EDI Store Overview.