Two files are needed to generate EDI test data:
- EDI Config - This file contains the standardized EDI format configuration for the EDI Document and all changes made to the configuration. It must b downloaded to the user's local computer and placed in the config directory.
- Scenario Chain Set - A Scenario Chain Set contains all necessary Scenarios for generating test data in a single file. This file must be downloaded to the user's local computer to generate the actual test data for the EDI Document.
Please continue reading to be walked through the necessary steps to successfully generate EDI test data.
Step 1: Download the EDI Config File
- Click on EDI Config in the EDI Management Dashboard.
Note: This file will need to be downloaded each time changes are made to the EDI configuration.
- The downloaded EDI Config File needs to be placed in the config directory.
- The config directory should be located in the user's output directory.
Note: If this directory does not exist, add it to the output directory and then place the file into the new directory.
Step 2: Download the Scenario Chain Set
- Click on Scenarios in the EDI Management Dashboard.
- Please note that it will take a few minutes for the Scenario Chain Set to be available for downloading.
- The user will receive an email when the file is ready to download.
- They will need to click on Scenarios again to download the file.
- The file will be downloaded to the user's output directory on their local computer.
Step 3: Run the Scenario Chain Set
The Scenario Chain Set will need to be run to generate the test data.
- Open a CMD or Terminal Window.
- Change the directory to the output directory on the user's local computer.
- Enter this command using the Scenario Chain's actual name.
genrocket -r ScenarioChain.grs