This article will show how to install Java SE Development Kit (JDK ) version 8u211 on a Windows Computer. The steps are similar when installing Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Note: These steps will be identical for any version of Java; however, in older versions, the wizard will appear in red rather then blue.
Note: If you are not certain if Java is installed or do not know the current version, view this article: How to Check your Java Version.
Step 1 - Download the Java Install File to your Computer
To see step-by-step instructions for downloading versions of JDK 7 or 8 or JRE 8, please see this page: How to Download Earlier Java Versions for GenRocket Runtime.
Step 2 - Install Java on your Computer
- Double click on the Java install file within your Downloads folder.
- Click Next in the Installation Wizard to continue.
- Here, you can choose optional features to include within the install or change the default installation directory.
- Click Next to continue.
Note: Click the Change button to change the install path.
- Click Next again to begin the install.
- Wait patiently for the install to finish.
- Click Close to close the install window.