How do I create a Test Data Project?
Modified on: Sun, 8 Nov, 2020 at 9:00 AM
Test Data Projects contain the data model for each application or database you want to generate test data for in GenRocket. A project represents one data model. For example, if you want to generate test data for a Customer Database, this would be a single test data project.
Data in one project can be related to data in another project through Organization Variables to provide consistency of data across all of your Projects.
This article will show how to create a new Test Data Project.
How to Create a New Test Data Project
- Navigate to the Projects pane within the Project Dashboard.
- Click the New Project button.
- The New Project Dialog Box appears.
- Enter a Project Name and if you wish a Project Description.
- (Optional) Select the Industry Type for your new Project.
- (Optional) Select a Team for your new Project. When a Team is selected, the Test Data Project will be automatically added to the selected Team. You will be the only assigned Team Member and will have full permissions for the Project.
- Click the Save button.
Note: Additional users can be added as Team Members and assigned specific permissions after the Project is created. Click here for more information.
- The new Project will be added to the list of projects.
- Your Project has been created. Additional panes will appear within the Project Dashboard for configuring and managing your Project.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.