The DateDeltaGen Generator computes the delta between two dates. The delta may be either days, months, years, or hours.
The following parameters may be configured for the DateDeltaGen Generator. Items with an asterisk* are required.
- conversion* - Defines how the result will be calculated. The options are:
- formatOne* - Defines the format of the first date value being referenced.
- formatTwo* - Defines the format of the second date value being referenced.
- dateRefOne* - References an Attribute containing the value for the first date.
- dateRefTwo* - References an Attribute containing the value for the second date.
Example 1: Calculate the Delta (in days) Between 2 Randomly Generated Dates
For this example, two FlexibleDateRangeGen Generators have been linked and referenced by the DateDeltaGen Generator to generate 2 separate dates, which will be used to calculate the delta between them.
Conversion is days in the example below: