The F500Rating2014Gen Generator generates ratings of companies on the 2014 Fortune 500.
The following parameters may be configured for the F500Rating2014Gen Generator. Items with an asterisk* are required.
- autoReference*– When true, it will automatically search the Attributes in the list of Attributes within its Domain and look for a sibling Generator so that it can match to the value generated. The sibling Generators are:
This allows the sibling Generators generated data to be in sync with each other.
When false, it will list the company ratings by the specified sortOrder:
- sortOrder*– When false, it will list the company ratings by the specified sortOrder:
- seed – Using the seed will ensure that the same random company names are generated each time data is generated.
- waitAmount* – Defines the number of iterations the generator should wait (pause) before moving to the next value in the list.
Example 1: Company Rating Auto References Company Name
For this example, two Generators are linked to create the shown output: F500Rating2014Gen and F500Name2014Gen.
In order for this to work correctly, the F500Rating2014Gen Generator must be the first linked Generator. It will have the following parameter configuration:
- autoReference = true
- sortOrder = random (default)
- seed = blank (default)
- waitAmount = 1 (default)
The F500Name2014Gen Generator configuration is shown below. All parameters are set to their default value except this one:
gen1 = Company Rating
gen2 = Company Name