The GenRocket G-Analytics reporting platform gives you the ability to build your own customized reporting dashboards with the precise information you need to quickly make informed decisions to get the most out of the GenRocket platform.
Within GenRocket's G-Analytics reporting platform, each dashboard can have its own set of reports to provide detailed statistics regarding Organizations, Projects, Project Versions, Domains, and much more. Within a given dashboard, some reports can be linked to each other in a parent/child/grandChild fashion. For example, The Project Version Report may link to the Active Projects Report as its parent. Thus, when a selection is changed on the Active Project Report, the Project Versions Report is immediately updated to reflect the related project versions.
Who Can Use the G-Analytics Platform
The G-Analytics platform is available to Organization Admins, Customer Success Managers, and Super Admins. Only Organization Admins are able to add/remove reports and link/unlink reports at this time within a dashboard.
New Reports Suggestions Welcomed
The GenRocket G-Analytics platform is designed to be quickly adaptable and updatable with new reports. We, the GenRocket Team, knew that we could not think of all possible reports that You, the customer, might need. So, we invite you to make suggestions for new reports when our current selection of reports does not contain the information you require. We only ask that you take time to consider the value of the report you desire, in that it may truly enable you to make informed decisions for getting the most out of the GenRocket platform. To suggest a new report, contact us at email@example.com.
How to View G-Analytics Dashboards and Reports
- Click on the User Menu in the upper right corner of the GenRocket web platform.
- Select G-Analytics on the menu.
- The "Default" reporting dashboard is shown automatically; however, additional reporting dashboards may be available if they have been created by the Organization Admin.
- To select a different reporting dashboard, click on the selection menu in the upper left corner and choose a dashboard from the drop-down menu.
- The selected reporting dashboard will appear as shown below:
How to Change the Time Period within Reports
Some reports have additional options that can be used to change what is displayed on the report within a selected dashboard.
- Click on the drop-down menu and choose a different time period (1 week, 1 month, 3 months, etc.).
- You may also enter a custom time period by choosing the custom option within the drop-down menu.
- Enter or select a Start Date and End Date within dialog window.
- Next, click the Save button.
Note: The Reset button may be used to reset the dialog window. When reset, the start date will be cleared and the end date will be set to the current date.
- The report will be updated within reporting dashboard to show information based on the custom date range.
How to View Linked Report Information
When a report is linked, this means that a selection on the Parent Report will be reflected in the information shown on the Child Report. Depending on how this has been set up, several reports may show data based on your selection.
For example, when a Project Version is selected (highlighted in blue), then the Project Version Details Report will show information for that specific Project Version.
Two icons within each report can be used to view the Parent and Child relationships between reports. Click the Highlight Parent Report icon to see parent reports. It will be highlighted with a blue box.
Click the Highlight Child Report icon to see child reports. It will be highlighted in green.
Features Coming Soon for Organization Admins
Organization Admins may create and manage their own reporting dashboards. To set up a new reporting dashboard, complete the following steps:
- Create a New Reporting Dashboard
- Add One or More Reports to the Dashboard
- Link Reports within the Dashboard (Optional)
Step 1: Create a New Reporting Dashboard
- Click on the Create New Dashboard or New buttons to create a new reporting dashboard.
Step 2: Add One or More Reports to the Dashboard
- Double click on an empty space within the selected dashboard.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a Report Category (Domain Level, Organization Level, Project Level, etc.).
Note: Use the Search Report field to locate a specific report by name.
- Click on the Report Name to select it and then click the Select Report button.
Step 3: Link Reports within the Dashboard (Optional)
- Click on the Link icon to link a specific report to another report in the selected dashboard.
- Select the Parent Report from the drop-down menu and click the Save button.
Additional Organization Admin Options
The following additional options are available to Organization Admins within the G-Analytics Dashboard.
How to Remove a Report from a Selected Dashboard
- Click on the Remove icon for the desired report.
- Click Yes in the confirmation dialog.
How to Replace a Report with Another Report in the Selected Dashboard
- Click the Replace Report icon for the desired report.
- Select a Report Category from the drop-down men or use the Search Report field.
- Select the report that will replace the current report.
- Click the Select Report button.
How to Unlink Reports
- Click on the Unlink icon to unlink reports within a selected dashboard.
- Click Yes in the confirmation dialog.