Domains added to a Project are a template that can be used and expanded upon by other features in the application. When a Domain for the Project Version is added to a Test Data Case, it becomes a Test Data Case Domain.
A Test Data Case Domain contains the same Attributes and Generator Configurations as defined in the Domain Template for the Project. Once a Test Data Case Domain has been created, the following actions can be taken:
- New Attributes can be added to a Test Data Case Domain
- Existing Attribute Generator configurations can be modified for Test Data Case Domain
Note: These changes do not impact the Domain Template configuration for the selected Project Version.
Note: This article shows how to modify the Generator Configuration for an existing Attribute within a Test Data Case Domain. To learn more about how to add a new Attribute to a Test Data Case Domain, click here.
When should existing Attribute Generator configurations be modified?
- Any time additional Generators or Parameter configuration changes are needed at the Test Data Case Level to generate the required data for a Test Data Case.
In This Article
The following topics are covered in this article:
How to modify an Existing Attribute's Configuration for a Test Data Case Domain
How to replace a Generator for a Test Data Case Domain Attribute
In this example, the ConstantGen Generator has been added to the rewardType Attribute by default and needs to be replaced with a ListGen Generator.
- Click on the Attribute to select it.
- Enter part or all of the Generator name into the Quick Generator Replacement menu.
- Click the Replace button. In this example, it has been replaced with a ListGen Generator.
How to link a Generators within an Attribute Configuration
Additional Generators can be linked and referenced within the Attribute Generator configuration. To add another Generator, complete the steps below: