A Project can have one or multiple Project Versions. Each Project Version contains its own Domains, Scenarios, Receivers, and configurations for test data generation.
A new Project will automatically have a default Project Version. Additional Project Versions can be created within a given Project.
When should Project Versions be used?
Project Versions should be created when a version of the application is released to production, and the next version needs to be tested.
How do I use Project Versions?
A Project Version can be a copy of the Project or be a version with its own unique data model. To use Project Versions, complete these steps:
- Select the Project within the Project Dashboard.
- Click on the Manage button in the Project Versions pane.
- Choose New Version or Copy Version from the menu.
How to Select and View Project Versions for a Project
Project Versions are managed in the Project Versions Pane within the Project Dashboard. The currently selected version number will appear to the right of the Project Name.
Click on a version number within this pane to select and view a specific Project Version for a selected Project.
Two Ways to Create a Project Version
- New Version - Does not contain what has been configured within the previous version. Instead, it acts as a blank slate, which can be used to configure the Project differently while maintaining any other versions and their configurations for the Project. For more information, please see this article: How to create a new Project Version.
- Project Version Copy - Users can quickly replicate everything in an existing GenRocket Project. For more information, please see this article: What is Project Version Copy?.
Learn More About Project Versions
|How to create a new Project Version||Learn about creating a new Project Version within a Project.|
|How to copy a Project Version||Learn how to copy an existing Project Version.|
|How to copy a subset of Domains to a Project Version||Learn how to copy a subset of Domains to a Project Version.|
|How to lock and unlock a Project Version||Learn how to lock and unlock a Project Version.|
|How to edit the Project Version Number and Description||Learn how to edit a Project Version.|
|How to delete a Project Version from a Project||Learn how to remove a Project Version from a Project.|