A new Project will automatically have a default Project Version. Additional Project Versions can be created within a given Project.
In This Article
- Solution Video
- When should Project Versions be used?
- How do I use Project Versions?
- How to Select and View Project Versions for a Project
- Two Ways to Create a Project Version
- Project Version "How To" Articles
When should Project Versions be used?
- Project Versions should be created when a version of the application is released to production, and the next version needs to be tested.
How do I use Project Versions?
A Project Version can be a copy of the Project or be a version with its own unique data model. To use Project Versions, complete these steps:
- Select the Project within the Project Dashboard.
- Click on the Manage button in the Project Versions pane.
- Choose New Version or Copy Version from the menu.
How to Select and View Project Versions for a Project
- Project Versions are managed in the Project Versions Pane within the Project Dashboard.
- The currently selected version number will appear to the right of the Project Name.
- Click on a version number to select and view a specific Project Version.
Two Ways to Create a Project Version
- New Version - Does not contain what has been configured within the previous version. Instead, it acts as a blank slate, which can be used to configure the Project differently while maintaining any other versions and their configurations for the Project. For more information, please see this article: How to Create a new Project Version.
- Project Version Copy - Users can quickly replicate everything in an existing GenRocket Project. This makes it easy to create different versions of your Project to exactly match the different versions of your software. The same project can be copied every 24 hours; this is to limit the risk of users copying the same project at the same time. For more information, see How to Copy a Whole Project Version within a Project.
Project Version "How To" Articles
|How to create a new Project Version||Learn about creating a new Project Version within a Project.|
|How to copy a whole Project Version||Learn how to copy an existing Project Version.|
|How to copy a subset of Domains to a Project Version||Learn how to copy a subset of Domains to a Project Version.|
|What are Project Version Variables?||Learn about Project Version Variables and how they can be used when generating test data.|