A Test Data Case can have one or multiple Test Data Rule Suites added to it for test data generation. After a Test Data Rule Suite has been configured, you will be able to add the suite to an individual Test Data Case within a Test Data Case Category and Suite.
Test Data Rule Suites can be added to and removed from a Test Data Case as needed. An option is also provided for copying one or multiple rule suites to another Test Data Case within the same suite.
What is a Test Data Rule Suite?
- A Test Data Rule Suite is a group of Test Data Rules that can be used to apply business logic during test data generation.
What is a Test Date Rule?
- A Test Data Rule defines conditions that should be met for a specified Domain and Attribute and the actions to be performed when the conditions are met. Test Data Rules form a conditional IF-THEN statement and can be compounded with AND or OR.
When should Test Data Rule Suites be added to a Test Data Case?
- When you want to apply business logic during test data generation for a specific Test Data Case,
How do you use Test Data Rule Suites with Test Data Cases?
- Select a Test Data Case Suite, Category, and Case.
- Add a Test Data Rule Suite to the selected case.
- Download the Test Data Case Suite.
- Run the Test Data Case command line in a Command or Terminal Window.
In This Article
This article will show how to do the following:
- How to Add Test Data Rule Suites to a Test Data Case
- Additional G-Rule Set Tab Options
- How to Remove Multiple Test Data Rule Suites from a Test Data Case
- How to Copy a Test Data Rule Suite to another Test Data Case
How to Add Test Data Rule Suites to a Test Data Case
- Select a Project within the Project Dashboard.
- Click the Self Serve Menu Options drop-down menu for the appropriate Project Version.
- Next, select G-Cases.
- Select a Test Data Case Suite and Category.
- Then select the Test Data Case you would like to add a rule to.
- Select the G-Rule Set tab and then click the Add G-Rule button.
- Tick the checkbox for each rule suite you would like to add. For this example only one rule suite titled "SampleTestDataRules" will be added.
- Click the Add button to finish.
- The Rule Suite will appear to the left and each rule within the suite will appear to the right.
Note: To generate data you will only need to download the Test Data Case Suite to your local computer. Run the Test Data Case Suite with your Scenario, Scenario Chain, or Scenario Chain Set within a Command or Terminal window. For more information, click here.
Additional G-Rule Set Tab Options
The following icons can be found to the right of added Rule Suites and their individual Test Data Rules.
|Go to a Rule Suite or specific Rule within a Suite.|
|View the report for a Rule Suite or specific Test Data Rule within the a suite.|
|Delete a Rule Suite from the Test Data Case.|
How to Remove Multiple Test Data Rule Suites from a Test Data Case
- Tick the checkbox for each Rule Suite that should be deleted within the G-Rule Set tab.
- Click the Delete G-Rules button.
- Click Yes to remove the selected Rule Suites.
How to Copy a Test Data Rule Suite to another Test Data Case
- Test Data Rule Suite that have been added to a Test Data Case can be copied to another Test Data Case within the same suite.
- Check the checkbox for each Test Data Rule Suite you want to copy.
- Then click on the Copy G-Rule button.
- Type the name of the Test Data Case you would like to copy the rule(s) to.
- Select the Test Data Case and then click the Copy button.
- The Test Data Rule Suite will now appear on the G-Rule Set tab for the other Test Data Case.