A Test Data Case can have one or many Test Data Queries added to it for test data generation. After a Test Data Query has been configured, you will be able to add that query to a selected case within a Test Data Case Suite.
Queries can be added and removed as needed. An option is also provided to copy one or more Test Data Queries to another Test Data Case within the same suite.
What is a Test Data Query?
- A Test Data Query queries real data from a database or CSV file and then blends the queried data with synthetically generated test data.
When should you use a Test Data Query?
- Test Data Queries should be used when you want to blend real data with synthetically generated test data to meet specific testing goals.
How do you use Test Data Queries with Test Data Cases?
- Select a Test Data Case Suite, Category, and Case.
- Add a Test Data Query to the selected case.
- Download the Test Data Case Suite.
- Run the Test Data Case command line in a Command or Terminal Window.
In This Article
This article will show how to do the following:
- How to Add Test Queries to a Test Data Case
- Additional Test Query Options
- How to Remove Multiple Test Queries from a Test Data Case
- How to Copy Test Queries to another Test Data Case within a Suite
How to Add Test Queries to a Test Data Case
- Select a Project within the Project Dashboard.
- Click the Self Serve Menu Options drop-down menu for the appropriate Project Version and then select G-Cases.
- Select a Test Data Case Suite and Category.
- Then select the Test Data Case you would like to add a Test Data Query to.
- Select the G-Queries tab and then click the Add G-Query button.
- Tick the checkbox for each Test Query you would like to add. For this example only one query titled "userQueries" will be added.
- Click the Add button to finish.
- The Test Query will appear as shown below.
Note: To generate data you will only need to download the Test Data Case Suite to your local computer. Run the Test Data Case Suite with your Scenario, Scenario Chain, or Scenario Chain Set within a Command or Terminal window. For more information, click here.
Additional Test Query Options
The following icons can be found to the right of added Test Queries.
|Go to and view the Test Data Query.|
|Delete the Test Query from the Test Data Case.|
How to Remove Multiple Test Queries from a Test Data Case
- Tick the checkbox for each Test Query that should be deleted.
- Click the Delete G-Queries button.
- Click Yes to remove the selected Test Queries.
How to Copy Test Queries to another Test Data Case within a Suite
Test Queries that have been added to a Test Data Case can be copied to another Test Data Case within the same suite. Complete the following steps:
- Check the checkbox for the Test Queries you want to copy.
- Then click on the Copy G-Query button.
- Type the name of the Test Data Case you would like to copy the query to.
- Select the Test Data Case and then click the Copy button.
- The Test Query will now appear on the Test Query tab for the other Test Data Case.