Domains added to a Project are a template that can be used and expanded upon by other features in the application. When a Domain is added to a Test Data Case, it becomes a Test Data Case Domain.
A Test Data Case Domain contains the same Attributes and Generator Configurations as defined in the Domain Template for the Project. Once a Test Data Case Domain has been created, the following actions can be taken:
- New Attributes can be added to a Test Data Case Domain
- Existing Attribute Generator configurations can be modified for Test Data Case Domain
Note: These changes do not impact the Domain configuration for the selected Project Version.
Note: This article shows how to add a new Attribute at the Test Data Case Level that is not part of the Domain Template for the Project Version. To learn more about modifying Generator Configurations for existing Test Data Case Domain Attributes, click here.
When should a new Attribute be added to a Test Data Case Domain?
- When it is needed for test data generation with a specific Test Data Case, but does not need to be part of the Domain Template.
How do you use new Attributes within a Test Data Case Domain?
- Add the new Attribute to the Test Data Case Domain
- (Optional) Assign a new Generator to the Attribute
- Configure the assigned Generators Parameters and save your changes
- (Optional) Link additional Generators to the assigned Generator
In This Article
The following topics are covered in this article:
How to add a new Attribute to a Test Data Case Domain
How to replace a Generator for a Test Data Case Domain Attribute
When an Attribute is created, a default Generator will automatically be assigned. If the default Generator is not what you need, it can be replaced by following the steps below:
- Enter part or all of the Generator name into the Quick Generator Replacement drop-down menu.
- Click the Replace button. In this example, it has been replaced with a ListGen Generator.
How to link a Generators within an Attribute Configuration
Additional Generators can be linked and referenced within the Attribute Generator configuration. To add another Generator, complete the steps below: