G-Graphics can be used to navigate the GenRocket web platform using a visual representation of all GenRocket components within a tree view.
Note: You can perform a Double Click to view the child nodes for a parent node within G-Graphics.
In This Article
- How to Access G-Graphics
- G-Graphics Buttons and Icons
- G-Graphics Node Colors
- G-Graphics Leaf Nodes
- How to Navigate with G-Graphics
How to Access G-Graphics
To access this view, click on the GenRocket icon within the Menu Bar.
The Graphics View will appear as shown below and update each time a selection is made or a node is expanded.
G-Graphics Buttons and Icons
The following buttons and icons can be found within the Graphics View:
Button or Icon
|The Zoom to Fit button can be used to fit the current graphical representation to your screen size.|
|The Center on Root button can be used to center the view on the root node.|
|The Exit button can be used to exit the Graphics View.|
|Click on the View Icon to view the item (e.g., Project, Project Version, Domain, Scenario, etc.) within its dashboard.|
|Click the Collapse Icon to collapse a node. For example, if you click on this icon for Domains, then all child nodes for Domains will be collapsed.|
|Click on the Previous Icon to view the previous 25 child nodes for the selected node. |
|Click on the Next Icon to view the next 25 child nodes for the selected nodes. This icon is useful when there are more than 25 child nodes for a node.|
For example, if you are viewing Projects and there are 50+ Projects, then you can use this icon to view the next 25 Projects.
|Click on the Beginning Icon to view the first 25 child nodes for a selected node within the view.|
|Click on the End Icon to view the last 25 child notes for a selected node within the view.|
|A leaf means the node can no longer be expanded into additional child nodes. For example, there are no Story Epics within the expanded Project Version.|
G-Graphics Tree Node Types
- Category Nodes (Green) can be expanded, collapsed, and traversed but will not have a view icon.
- Concreate Nodes (Blue) can be viewed, expanded, collapsed, traversed, and have a view icon. These nodes represent actual components for a selected Category Node. For example, when the Projects Category Node is selected, then each Project will be displayed as a Concrete Node.
G-Graphics Leaf Nodes
A Leaf Node will be displayed each time there are no more child nodes to display. Leaf Nodes have no actions and display a leaf icon. Please see the example below:
How to Navigate with G-Graphics
G-Graphics can be used to easily navigate through each GenRocket component and quickly view its configuration within the web platform.
For example, let's say we want to view the Attributes within a User Domain.
- Click on the GenRocket Icon within the Menu Bar.
- Double click on Project.
- Double click on a Project Name.
- Double click on Project Version.
- Double click on the Project Version Number.
- Double click on Domain.
- Double click on the User Domain.
- Double click on Attribute.
- All of the User Domain's Attributes are displayed.
- You can perform a single click to select an item within the view and then click on the highlighted icon to view its configuration.
- For this example, you will be taken to the Attribute Dashboard, where you can view the Attribute's assigned Generator and Parameter configuration.