A G-Delta can be created for each Project Version of a given Project. The G-Delta contains information for connecting to the database and detecting changes within the base Database Schema.
Once created, the G-Delta will automatically check the base Database Schema for changes at the defined time interval (in hours). G-Delta will create an Audit Report if changes are detected. The user who created the G-Delta will receive an email when an Audit Report is available.
Note: A G-Repository must be available and running on the machine for a G-Delta to check the base Database Schema for changes.
How to Create a New G-Delta
- Click on the Create New G-Delta button within the G-Delta Management Dashboard.
- Next, select a Project Version. Only one G-Delta can be created for a Project Version of a given Project.
- (Optional) Change the Time Interval (hrs). The default is 24 hours. The lowest value allowed is 12 hours.
- Select a G-Repository Server Server Name. This is the Server Name entered when the G-Repository Server was created. If more than one G-Repository Server is in use within the Organization, multiple selections will be available.
- Select a Resource Path. This is the path where the config.properties file is stored.
- (Optional) enter a Resource Subdirectory. A config.properties file can be placed in a subdirectory within the resource path.
- Make any changes to the Configuration File Name. The default is config.properties.
- Click the Save button.
- The new G-Delta will appear as shown below within the G-Delta Management Dashboard. The icons within the Actions Column can be used to manage each G-Delta.