The EDISegmentMergeReceiver merges multiple segment data into EDI formatted output. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the computer-to-computer exchange of business documents in a standard electronic format between business partners.
In This Article
When should this Receiver be used?
- The EdISegmentMergeReceiver is automatically assigned to the Merge Domain when an EDI Project is created in the GenRocket web platform.
- It should be used to generate EDI documents.
When should this Receiver not be used?
- Any time you want to generate another type of nested output.
Are any additional items required to use this Receiver?
- SegmentDataCreatorReceiver- Automatically assigned to each Domain when the EDI Project is created to generate the segment data.
- Configuration File - Used to determine the XML output format. This is automatically created when an EDI Project is created with a default name of "config.xml."
The EDISegmentMergeReceiver requires that the following parameters are defined. Items with an asterisk* are required.
- outputPath* - Defines the location to store the newly generated EDI file.
- outputSubDirectory - Defines the prefix name of the subdirectories that are auto-created under the outputPath and then appended with a number. Example: data1, data2, data3.
- configName* - Defines the name of the configuration file.
- configPath* - Defines the location where the configuration file and one or more template files are stored.
- configSubDir - The subdirectory under the configPath directory where configuration and template files are stored.
- segmentPath* - Defines the path to the Segment directory where all segment subdirectories can be found.
- segmentSubDirectory - Defines the subdirectory under the segmentPath where segment files can be found.
- filesPerOutputSubDir* - Defines the number of files to be generated per output subdirectory.
- overrideFileName - This parameter allows you to override the output file name that is given in the configuration file. Also, this gives the ability to modify the output file name with the help of the Engine API.
- deleteOutputSubDir - Defines whether to delete the outputSubDir or not.
- deleteSegmentDir - Defines whether to delete the segments directory or not.
- segmentPerLine* - Defines whether to add the segment in the same line or a new line. The default value is "True."
Receiver Attributes Property Keys
There are no property keys necessary for this Receiver.
File Config Tab
The File Config Tab configures what event will trigger file creation and the naming configuration for generated files.
Constant has been chosen as the event in the example below. A file will be created for every one-hundred records. Each created file will have the defined naming convention (e.g., EDI1.txt, EDI2.txt, EDI3.txt, etc.). The number will increment for each generated file.
Note: For more information on how to use the File Config Tab, click here.
Directory Config Tab
The Directory Config Tab configures what event will trigger directory creation and the naming configuration for generated directories.
Constant has been chosen as the event in the example below. A directory will be created for every ten files that are generated. Each created directory will have the defined naming convention (e.g., EDIFiles1, EDIFiles2, AddressFiles3). The number will increment for each generated directory.
Note: For more information on how to use the Directory Config Tab, click here.