Quick Pattern Domain allows a user to quickly and easily create Domains that follow a common design pattern. There are currently three available design patterns: Map/Type Table, List, or Permutation.
On this single form, users can define the information for multiple Attributes within a Domain simultaneously without having to define what Generator to use. Quick Pattern Domain is especially useful when defining Type Tables.
Below is an example of a User Domain using a List Design Pattern containing five Attributes: firstName, lastName, middleInitial, ssn, and age.
Generator Assignment Based on Design Pattern Selection
- Map/Type Table - First Attribute uses a ListGen Generator and the rest of the Attributes use a MapGen Generator.
- List - First Attribute (id Attribute) uses a RangeGen Generator. The rest of the Attributes use a ListGen Generator.
- Permutation - First Attribute (id Attribute) uses the RangeGen Generator. The rest of the Attribute uses a PermutationGen Generator.
How to create a Domain using Quick Pattern Domain
- In the Project Dashboard, select a Project and Project Version.
- In the Domains Pane, expand the New Domain Menu and select Quick Pattern.
- Enter the Number of Columns and Domain Name.
- Enter a Table Name (optional) and Description (optional but recommended).
- Select a Design Pattern (e.g., Map/Type Table, List, or Permutation).
- Click on the Add Attributes button.
- Enter the Name information for each Attribute. In this example, the Original Name and Name values are the same for each Attribute.
- Select a Type (e.g., String, Integer, Float, Date) from the drop-down menu for each Attribute.
- Enter a Size for each Attribute.
- (Optional) Change the selection for Enforce Type/Limit. The default value is "False" for each Attribute.
- Manually enter or copy and paste the Data Values into the form for each Attribute.
Note: If more than four columns are added, a scroll bar will appear at the bottom of the window and can be used to view the rest of the Attributes for the Domain.
- Click the Save button once finished.
The created Domain will appear as shown below: