By default, every Segment and Loop that makes up a Document/Transaction Set is enabled in an EDI Project. Users may turn Segments and Loops on or off before generating EDI test data.
The recommended method for customizing an EDI Document/Transaction Set is to set up and use Test Data Cases (or G-Cases) within the Self Service Platform. Segments and Loops can be disabled or turned “off” within each G-Case.
When disabled directly within the G-Case, the change only applies to the individual G-Case within a G-Case Suite.
How to turn Segments and Loops on or off within a G-Case
- Within the EDI Management Dashboard, click on the G-Cases button.
- Select the EDI View option within the drop-down menu located in the top left corner.
- Click on the EDI Tree icon within the G-Case Editor Tab.
- Use each checkbox within the EDI Tree View to enable or disable a Segment or Loop. A checkmark means the Segment or Loop is enabled within the G-Case.
- Click on the Expand icon to expand Segments and Loops within the EDI Tree View and make additional changes.
- Use the Filter input field to locate a specific Segment or Loop within the dialog window.
Note: Click on the X to clear the Filter input field and view all EDI Segments/Loops.
- Click OK once finished.