This article provides essential information regarding the environment setup steps that must be performed within the GenRocket web platform and by users to generate EDI test data.
- (Optional) Modify the EDI Config File
- (Optional) Modify Receiver Parameters
- Verify the config Subdirectory on the User’s Local Computer
- config.properties File for Database Connections
- CSV Files Queried by G-Queries
- Required Files to Download for Generating EDI Data
(Optional) Modify the EDI Config File
The EDI Config File contains the standardized EDI format configuration seen in the EDI Management Dashboard for the EDI Document. This file contains information on how to merge the data from different EDI Segment files created by each Domain within the EDI Project.
Any changes made within the EDI Management Dashboard are part of this file. Additionally, the file contains the EDI Config File Name and EDI Output File Name format, which can be modified anytime. If it is modified, users need to download the file to their local computer again.
Note: See this article for more information: How to modify the EDI Config File within an EDI Project.
(Optional) Modify Receiver Parameters
Receivers are automatically assigned and configured for each Domain within a created EDI Project. The following Receivers are assigned:
- EDISegmentDataCreatorReceiver - Assigned to all Domains generating segments of EDI Data.
- EDISegmentMergeReceiver - Assigned to the Merge Domain within an EDI Project. This Receiver merges multiple segments of data into the EDI formatted output.
In most cases, Parameters for these Receivers do not have to be modified to generate EDI test data. They are pre-configured and will work if the subdirectories and required files are available on the user’s local computer.
However, some Receiver Parameters may be customized if desired. Please note that changes to the Receiver Parameters affect all users generating data. These changes include the following:
Verify the config Subdirectory on the User’s Local Computer
A config subdirectory should exist within the user’s output path on their local computer. The location is the path the user entered for the resource.output.directory within the Resources Pane.
A user can verify the entered path by logging into the GenRocket web platform and viewing the resource.output.directory within the Resources Pane located in the Project Dashboard.
Important: Please note that the subdirectory name may differ if the configSubDir Parameter value is changed within the EDISegmentMergeReceiver.
config.properties File for Database Connections
When querying a database or inserting data into a database, the user must have a config.properties file. For G-Queries, the resourcePath Parameter defines the file’s path on the user’s local computer, and the resourceSubDir Parameter is an Optional Parameter for specifying the file subdirectory.
The file name is also specified within the resourceName Parameter and should have the same name on the user’s local computer. For more information about the config.properties file, see the first part of this help article.
CSV Files Queried by G-Queries
If one or more G-Queries have been added to the G-Case and are querying CSV Files, these files will also need to be available to the user generating the EDI data.
The location of these files is defined within each query by the path and subDir Parameters. The file name should also match the value for the fileName Parameter.
Required Files to Download for Generating EDI Data
The user will need to download the following files to their local computer from the GenRocket web platform:
- EDI Config File – Download, rename to Config.xml, and place in config subdirectory on user’s local computer.
- Scenario Chain Set – Downloads to the home directory path on the user’s local computer.
- G-Case Suite or Test Data Case File – Downloads to the home directory path on the user’s local computer.